Faculty & Staff
The Career Development Center (CDC) works with faculty and staff to provide an array of career-related services based on the shared goal of student success. This collaboration supports the student transition from campus to career. We believe that a strong partnership between faculty/staff and the Career Development Center can combine our strengths and resources for the benefit of our students.
Here are a few resources provided by the Career Development Center to help you meet the career decision-making and job search needs of your students:
Online Career Resources for CSULB Faculty and Staff through CareerLINK:
From CareerLINK faculty and staff allows access to view the career planning and job search student resources listed below:
- CareerLINK - Jobs & Internships exclusively for CSULB students
- Beyond B-School - Cutting edge job search techniques and tools
- Candid Career Videos - Career Profiles
- Career Explorer - O*NET
- CSULB LinkedIn Network
- Going Global - International career job search resource
- InterviewStream - Video to practice and prepare for your interview
- Job Seekers Salary Calculator
- NACE Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring
- Optimal Resume - Build a Resume Online
Class Assignments & Presentations
Career Development Center Liaisons: Each college on campus is assigned a Career Counselor Liaison to focus on serving the specific needs of that college. To discuss class assignments learn about the resources available connect with the career counselor assigned to your College.
The Career Center provides online resources to support many career planning and job search needs. These resources can play a valuable role as a resource for assignments and we are happy to work with you and your class to make the most of them, including in-class training and demonstrations. Contact the Career Development Center liaison for more information.
Career Development Center staff provide Career Development Center tours and presentations to classes and student organizations on a variety of career-related topics such as Resume Writing, Job Search Strategies, Interviewing Skills, etc. This service adds a career education component to academic curriculum and is also available for faculty away for a conference or professional development event. To schedule a classroom presentation or CDC tour, complete the Online Form.
The Internship Advisor provides resources and presentations for faculty and staff that would like to learn more about the ePortfolio tool located in BeachBoard. This is a great tool for students to create their own ePortfolio for class projects, graduate schools or employers. Please complete the Online Form and select ePortfolio within the dropdown menu of the “Presentation Topics”.
Post a Job
As a Faculty and Staff, you can post unlimited Student Assistant, Federal WorkStudy, and Internship positions to CSULB students at no charge with your CareerLINK Employer Account .
CareerLINK Usage Tip
I need to post several similar jobs or re-post the same job in the future. Do I have to retype everything every time?
The Job Posting Form contains a selection box labeled [Copy Existing]. Selecting an existing Job will pre-populate most of the fields. Add archived jobs to the selection box using the [Show Archived] button next to the selection box.
- Post Unlimited Student Assistant, Federal WorkStudy, Job and Internship positions for FREE
- Post Jobs and Internships exclusively to CSULB students and Alumni
- Use one username and password for access to all services
- Enter job information once
- Save text of job or internship postings for future openings
- Manage job postings and applications